- 2019-02-20 On 20 February at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-02-20 On 20 February at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a Government sitting and meeting
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of a delegation led by the Lithuanian President
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 11:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the Ambassador of the French Republic Claire Lignieres-Counathe
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 2:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Hungarian Minister of State for the European Union Relations Judit Varga
Lithuania's Foreign Minister and the new Spanish Ambassador discuss security in the region, prospects for bilateral relations
On 5 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Ambassador of Spain to Lithuania José María Robles Fraga, who presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on 29 October.
"Lithuania highly appreciates the cooperation of Spain within NATO and its significant contribution to ensuring security of our country and the region," said Minister L. Linkevičius.
The Spanish Air Force has already conducted the NATO air policing and strengthened air policing missions in the Baltic states five times, including three times in Lithuania. From May to August 2018, the Spanish Eurofighter jets were deployed to Šiauliai. Spain will also contribute to the protection of airspace over Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia from 2019 to 2020.
Lithuania's Foreign Minister also noted that Lithuania and Spain held regular consultations on security, political, economic issues and strategic communication to counteract propaganda. L. Linkevičius expressed hope that both countries would continue to closely cooperate on items on the European, Transatlantic agendas, and other multilateral issues.
Spain opened its Embassy in Vilnius in 2004. José María Robles Fraga is the 5th Ambassador of Spain to Lithuania.