- 2019-01-22 to 2019-01-24 On 22-24 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Egypt
- 2019-01-23 to 2019-01-26 On 23-26 January, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting London
- 2019-01-23 On 23 January at 1:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is taking part in a Government sitting and meeting
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the annual conference “Quo Vadis, Europe?”
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is giving a welcome speech at a conference on the occasion of the International Holocaust Remembrance Day
Meeting of Baltic and German Foreign Ministers takes place in Palanga
On 11 May, the annual 3+1 meeting of the Foreign Ministers of the Baltic states and Germany was held in Palanga.
"The Baltic states and Germany are interested in continuing their strategic dialogue. The continuation of the traditional format confirms our countries‘ solidarity and unity, and that they adhere to the same values and principles," said Linkevičius.
It is already the 18th meeting of the Foreign Ministers of the Baltic states and Germany, which is held for the 5th time in Lithuania since 1996.
The Foreign Ministers of the Baltic states and Germany discussed the future of the EU, prospects for preparing for negotiations on the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF), the Baltic region security, relations with Russia, and the Eastern Partnership.
In the meeting, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister also emphasized that Germany's role was of particular importance not only in ensuring security of the Baltic states and the region, but also in preserving European unity in the context of current political challenges.
In a conversation with Germany's new Foreign Minister Heiko Maas, Linkevičius also discussed important issues of bilateral cooperation. Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister thanked the German Foreign Minister for Germany‘s commitment to ensuring the defence of NATO's eastern borders in Lithuania.
Linkevičius invited the German Foreign Minister to pay a bilateral visit to Lithuania this year.